Staff and Students
What apps will be secured with MFA for Northwood Tech?
- Email (Outlook)
What do I have to do to get ready for the change to Multifactor Authentication?
- Authenticator App: If you don’t have the Microsoft Authenticator, you’ll need to download it on your phone.
- Text message or phone call: You will automatically get a text or a call sent to your phone for MFA approval.
- Fob users (Staff only): IT staff at your location will provide you a secondary fob that will be used with Microsoft MFA. You will still need your current fob for accessing WILM resources.
Do I need to use MFA to login to my work and/or personal computer?
- No. MFA is only needed at the application level.
Is MFA needed to access MyCampus?
- No. At this time, only the apps inside of the MyCampus portal are secured by MFA.
Is it okay to use my personal phone for MFA?
- Absolutely. Both the Microsoft Authenticator and Duo mobile apps are easier to use than a fob/token, text message, or phone call. This is the recommended method for using MFA.
Why have I not been seeing any MFA notifications/challenges?
- You will not be prompted for MFA while on a Northwood Tech campus. This will prevent you from losing access to MFA-secured applications if you forget your MFA device at home.
- You have authenticated once on your device/browser with MFA and don’t need to reauthenticate for 30 days, even off the Northwood Tech network.
What about Peoplesoft (MyNorthwoodTech), ImageNow, Cognos and other WILM resources?
- Peoplesoft is currently the only resource secured with Duo for some staff members. WILM will be releasing another Duo enrollment that each staff/faculty member will have to setup when they are onboarded. This is an additional enrollment from Northwood Tech.